Sunday, January 25, 2009

California, Here I Come!

Another trip, another long writing break... this time I was working (doing an internship at a conference) and didn't have much time to sit down at a computer! I just got back from a fabulous trip to San Fransisco... and I am officially in love.

I've always heard about how wonderful California is, but never knew that it was PERFECT! It's almost as if God carved out this piece of land and dubbed it "Beautopia." The place is GORGEOUS! I spent two wonderful days at Pebble Beach (where the 2010 Golf US Open will be held!) and then 3 more in San Fran. The weather was superb, the scenery was stunning, and I absolutely can't wait to go back!

Sometime I get caught up in wanting to travel overseas, and I forget how much the good ol' US of A has to offer. The cliffs of Pebble Beach were as striking as those in Dover, the beaches as remarkable as those in Nice, and the food as scrumptious as that in Rome! I had such a wonderful time, and I was only there for 5 days! It reminded me that you don't always have to travel to far-off lands to experience culture, beauty, and novelty... sometimes it's just a stone's throw away!

No comments:

Post a Comment